Madeira Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents threaten the safety of drivers in Ohio in the same way they do for motorists throughout the rest of the country. Recovering damages and compensation after a car accident can be an overwhelming and complex process. If you were injured in a car accident, an experienced Madeira car accident lawyer will help determine how much can be obtained, taking into consideration medical expenses, all necessary therapy, current and future lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents do not discriminate and can occur in towns and cities of any size in Ohio. While you can control your own driving behavior, you cannot control the actions of others behind the wheel. Car crashes that cause the most harm are often the most preventable. The following are some common driving behaviors that lead to car accidents in Ohio:
- Speeding: Driving over the speed limit is a leading cause of car accidents throughout the United States. According to data from Insurify, speeding in Ohio is a prominent issue, with its annual rate of speeding tickets being 35 percent above the combined national average.
- Distracted driving: Any behavior that takes a motorist’s attention away from the road is dangerous, but smartphones are one of the main causes when it comes to distracted driving. In Ohio, drivers under the age of 18 years old are prohibited from using any electronic wireless device while behind the wheel, and texting while driving is against the law.
- Driving while under the influence: Alcohol is a leading cause of traffic fatalities. It is never safe to get behind the wheel if under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, and even some prescription medications.
- Drowsy driving: Drowsiness drastically affects the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Sleep deprivation can impair concentration, cause reduced vigilance, and impact a driver’s reaction time. Truck drivers traveling through Ohio are known for drowsy driving and putting other motorists at extreme risk.
- Aggressive driving: When drivers become stressed, frustrated, or angry, they often take it out on other motorists by tailgating, lane blocking, and failing to yield the right-of-way. These behaviors endanger and show blatant disregard for the lives of other motorists.
There are also causes of car accidents that involve negligent behavior on the part of parties or entities other than drivers, which include:
- Poorly maintained vehicles.
- Faulty car parts.
- Unclear road signage.
- Poorly maintained road conditions.
In these cases, other parties such as manufacturers or those in charge of road maintenance may be held liable in your car accident case.
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries?
Anyone involved in a car accident can sustain severe permanent injuries. However, it is important to note that symptoms of serious injuries are not always immediately obvious. For this reason, it is essential that you seek medical evaluation as soon as possible after a car accident. This can improve your future quality of life and increase your chances of financial recovery.
A knowledgeable car accident lawyer will review your health care provider’s assessment as to the cause of your injuries. In addition, the nature and extent of your injuries can be used to determine fault and to calculate fair compensation.
The following are injuries most commonly suffered in car accidents:
- Head trauma.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Spinal cord damage.
- Broken bones and fractures.
- Herniated discs.
What Is the Value of My Car Accident Claim?
Putting a value on your claim is a complex calculation that depends on several factors, including:
- Nature and extent of your injuries.
- Type and cost of medical treatment you received.
- Whether your injury resulted in a permanent disability.
- Likelihood and cost of future medical care.
- Other economic losses.
Is There a Statute of Limitations for Car Accidents in Ohio?
A statute of limitations is the time period in which you are permitted to make a claim or file a lawsuit after suffering an injury or other damages. In Ohio, the statute of limitations for car accidents is two years from the date of the accident. You cannot make a claim for compensation after the two-year time period expires except under very limited exceptions.
As time passes, memories fade and evidence can become lost over time, making it more difficult to successfully pursue a claim. Our Madeira car accident lawyers secure the best results for clients who contact us immediately after an accident.
How Long Does the Claims Process Take?
There are a lot of details to handle after a collision occurs, which is why it is important to have a skilled car accident lawyer by your side every step of the way. Your car accident lawyer will submit your case for settlement as soon as you have completed any prescribed medical or therapeutic treatment and have received all supporting paperwork, including medical records, expert reports, receipts, and lost wage information.
It is our firm’s objective to settle claims as quickly as possible, and many cases are settled within a couple of months after discharge from medical treatment. However, it is important to remember that each case is different with its own timeline. Some cases may proceed to trial, a process that can take a year or more. It is our priority that you never settle for less than what you need and deserve. Our team will do everything possible to expedite the resolution of your claim.
Why Should I Hire a Madeira Car Accident Lawyer?
Filing multiple claims after a car accident is often necessary and can become extremely complex. You will need an experienced lawyer who knows the proper procedures for filing the necessary paperwork in a timely fashion. After you have been in an accident, you should start thinking about hiring a lawyer as soon as possible.
Studies shows that individuals personally injured in car accidents who choose to retain an attorney typically receive three times as much in compensation compared to those who do not have legal representation. There are numerous benefits to hiring a skilled car accident lawyer to assist with your legal matter, including being assured that the accident site will be properly investigated, police and medical records examined, witnesses interviewed, and experts consulted.
Hiring a lawyer to take over your case will allow you to focus on recovering from your physical injuries and emotional trauma. Your lawyer will handle all phone contact with insurance companies, lawyers for other parties, and other representatives, as well as take care of any necessary correspondences and paperwork. All of this can be overwhelming without the help of a car accident lawyer.
Madeira Car Accident Lawyers at the Wolterman Law Office Advocate for Clients Injured in Car Crashes
If you have been injured in a car accident, our Madeira car accident lawyers at the Wolterman Law Office are here to help. Call us at 513-790-4207 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Loveland Ohio, we proudly serve clients throughout Hamilton County, Fairfield, Norwood, and Forest Park.